- 125g ground chicken
- 70g firm tofu
- 40g bell peppers
- half green onion
- 0.5 tsp ginger
- 1 egg
- pinch of pepper & salt
- oil for cooking
For Teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp mirin
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 0.5 tsp potato/corn starch
- Mix all the ingredients and make teriyaki sauce and set aside.
- wash tofu and drain it. let the tofu dry for 15 mins by wrapping with paper towel.
- chop bell pepper and green onion finely, and grate ginger.
- combine ground chicken, bell peppers, green onion in a large bowl.
- Break the tofu intot small pieces. add the egg and mix all together.
- Add grated ginger, salt and pepper. mix well.
- make small meat balls by using ice cream scoop or 2 tablespoons.
- Heat the oil in frying pan and add all the meat balls by keeping some distance between each other.
- flip every meatballs over when the bottom is nicely brown.
- cover with lid and cook for 3 mins until the meatballs no longer pink.
- pour the sauce and cook until sauce until it thickens.
- Flip meatballs both side to coat both sides with the sauce.