- 6 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup & 2.5 Tbsp bread flour
- 5 Tbsp honey
- 2.5 Tbsp warm water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 0.5 Tbsp warm water
- preheat oven to 160C
- Mix 2.5 tbsp warm water and 5 tbsp honey in a bowl.
- Whisk all the eggs in mixing bowl until combined.
- Add sugar.
- Beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for 5minutes. Until misture fall in ribbons when you lift the mixer. ( If use handheld mixer will take more than 5 mins)
- Add honey mixture and whisk on low speed for 30secs
- sift the bread flour into mixture at 3 separate times. whisk on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Coat the loaf pans with oil evenly. (2 1-lb loaf pans)
- put parchment paper in the pans and make sure it sticks nicely inside.
- Pour the batter into pans
- lift and drop each pan on table for several times to release air bubbles.
- put inside oven and bake for 30-45 mins.
- Apply honey mixture (topping) on top of the cake.
- peel off parchment paper and wrap the cake with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight. (keeping the top side facing down)
- Before serve, its best to slice off the sides of cake first and enjoy the cake at room temperature.