For the base
- 100g digestive Biscuits
- 30g melted unsalted Butter
For the filling
- 500g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 80g granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80ml whipping cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp all purpose flour
- 4 Tbsp matcha powder
- some hot water
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Crush the digestive biscuits into ziplock bag or by using food processor.
- Mix the crushed biscuits in melted butter and toss lightly with fork until well blended.
- press down with a spoon to form a crust into the bottom of a 6 inch spring form pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden and crispy and let it cool.
- Grease the side of the pan with melted butter.
- Add hot water to matcha powder, mix well and form a thick paste.
- Use electric mixer to beat softened cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract in mixing bowl until light and fluffy, bout 1 -2 mins.
- Add in eggs one by one in the mixture lightly whisk it.
- Mix in whipping cream.
- Add in flour and matcha paste and mix well.
- pour cheesecake mixture into spring form pan, use spatula to smooth the surface.
- Place cheesecake in baking tray fill with hot water.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Then lower the temperature to 120C, cover cheesecake with baking sheet and continue to bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let it cool completely outside.
- Put inside fridge for at least 10 hours or overnight.