- 200g Barramundi tail cut
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil ( optional)
For the sauce
- 5 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 red chili padi
- 2 green chili padi
- 3 Tbsp palm sugar syrup ( can substitute with brown sugar)
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 5g coriander leaves
- Score the fish with sharp knife
- Add a pinch of salt on both sides.
- Transfer fish to metal steaming tray.
- Squeeze the lime juice and chop chilis
- Mix chili padis, minced garlic, lime juice, palm sugar syrup, fish sauce into mixing bowl and set aside.
- Steam the fish for about 8-9 mins
- Mix coriander leaves into lime sauce.
- when the fish done, take it out from steamer and rest for 1-2 mins.
- Heat 2 tbsp peanut oil in a pan.
- Add lime sauce to the fish and pour sizzling peanut oil over the fish.